Let's Make Magic (Bars)!
‘Tis the season for giving and what better way to celebrate than sharing the Magic Cookie Bar recipe from our Crave Baking Boxes! Follow along with the recipe and instructional video below and be sure to tag us in the photos of your treats @cravecupcakes.
Magic Cookie Bar Recipe Instructions
Layers of dark chocolate, pecans and coconut on a cornflake crust. This bar is a Canadian classic, we grew up baking it with our own family twist, the crunchy cornflake crust.
This recipe makes: 32 1”x2” pieces
Preparation: Lightly butter one 8”x8” square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
You will need:
One 8”x8” Pan
3 cups crushed Cornflakes cereal
3 tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup butter
1 ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
2 ¼ cup coconut flakes
1 cup toasted pecan pieces
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Note: This bar can be made gluten-free using your favourite gluten-free Conrnflake cereal.
Making the Base:
1. Measure crushed Cornflakes and sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Measure butter into a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until all the butter has melted.
3. Pour the melted butter into the cornflake and sugar mixture and thoroughly combine.
4. Using a spatula, evenly spread the cornflake mixture into a prepared 8”x8” pan.
Making the filling:
1. Measure each of the following ingredients into separate bowls – dark chocolate chunks, coconut flakes and toasted pecan pieces.
2. Sprinkle the ingredients evenly over the prepared cornflake base in the order they are listed in the step above.
3. Pour the can of condensed evenly over top of the layered ingredients. Make sure to get the condensed milk into all four corners!
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and beginning to bubble in the middle.
Once cooled, cut the bar into 32 1”x2” pieces.
Magic Cookie bar is good for 5 days, stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Watch our how-to video here: